Dark Man - KyAnn Waters

I got this book as a gift from one of the Goodreads M/M romance group challenges, so first, I'd like to thank the author for it.

I generally love vampire stories and have read quite a lot of them. It's nice that this author managed to create vampires that are a bit different from others I've read about. I have to say the blood-slave part wasn't completely understandable to me (how are they chosen, how much freedom they have, how are some of them tied to one specific vampire, but most of them to the whole group etc), but maybe that's because I started reading the 3rd part in the series and I'd understand the world-building better if I had read the other parts as well.

The story is completely stand-alone, and I enjoyed reading it. Although I felt most of the text consisted of love scenes, there was also some tension and excitement, and I was interested in seeing how everything would be resolved. That's where I was a bit disappointed - the ending was rather sudden

and since the bad guy wasn't even seen before in the book, there wasn't much of a chance of the reader guessing it

(show spoiler)

. Still, this was a nice light read and recommended to anyone who enjoys vampire M/M stories.