Storm Front

Storm Front  - James Marsters, Jim Butcher At first, I thought this was going to be a 4-star read, but at some point, things started to annoy me a bit too much. I wasn't convinced by Harry's reasoning for not telling Murphy anything - not about the maffiosos threatening him, not about Linda (how could he not guess the murderer would come after her at some point?!), not when he thought he knew who the murderer was - and why did he only give such an abstract warning when Murphy was going through his office, not say precisely why it was not a good idea to open the drawer? All in order to "protect" her? Especially the thing about the White Council - why would they learn he had told her about them? Does he think Murphy incapable of keeping secrets? Also, Murphy was a rather likable character, so why did the author make her an idiot who'd handcuff her longtime helper who was currently trying to save her life? Overall, the book was fast-paced and entertaining, and I've heard the series will get really good by the 4th book (or something), so I'll definitely continue, but I really hope events in the next book will make a lot more sense, because if not, I might not make it to the 4th.

PS. It was also kind of strange that the narrator kept breathing loudly into the mic, but I *think* it was intentional.