Curtsies & Conspiracies - Gail Carriger

Although I already enjoyed the first book in this series, "Etiquette and Espionage", I consider this part even better - more action and events, less description of everyday life at the school. Or maybe it's more accurate to say that Sophronia's everyday life has simply become more exciting.

The story is extremely enthralling, contains more supernatural elements than the first part, and there are still many colourful characters (even over-the-top, but that seems to be Gail Carriger's style). This time, some young men from the boys' school join the girls for a trip to London. The students aren't told the reason for the trip, but of course Sophronia can't leave the secrets alone. :)

As I guessed after reading "Etiquette and Espionage", there is already a romantic storyline in this book - Sophronia has two admirers vying for her attention, one of them the sooty Soap, Sophronia's good friend, and the other the highborn Felix, one of the visiting boys.

So, I really recommend this entertaining series to readers who like Gail Carriger's work so far or who simply enjoy YA paranormal stories.